- Hello when I was eight years old my parents filled out along with the doctors the form for disability I wonder do I have to get my doctor to fill out another form? My disability hasn’t gotten any better and won’tPlease advise?
- Making “Cents” of the New Family Tax Cut so you don’t miss out on tax savings
- My mother cannot live alone in her house anymore. Are the salaries paid to a housekeeped (24hrs a day/7 days a year) deductable on her income tax??
- My mother lives with us, she is 84 this year and earns only pension income. Are there any deductions we can claim? She has been ill over the last 12 years and we do take care of her although she makes a small contribution monthly towards household expen[…]
- I am 32, on Ontario Works (social assistance) and caregiver to my 80 year old grandmother who has dementia. I live in the same home, pay a small amount for rent/to help out with the home. Am I able to claim the caregiver tax credit? My grandmother is o[…]
Posted November 2nd 2015
Do you know about the Disability Tax Credit? Our federal and provincial governments are aware of the added financial burdens experienced by individuals and families with disabilities. Although it is one of the lesser known major tax deductions available; the disability tax credit (DTC), is a major, non-refundable tax deduction. The current annual deduction […]
Posted May 8th 2015
Are you looking for a way to say Happy Mother’s Day but you don’t want to break your budget by paying hyped-up prices for the go-to gifts? Don’t worry. We’ve pulled together some pennywise gift options that will convey your message while still keeping your bank account intact. Handmade “mom-ento”: It doesn’t matter how old […]
Posted March 10th 2015
It is a good year for Canadian families and their tax returns. The federal government announced a number of new credits and deductions last year that are meant to help families with kids under 18. From doubling the Children’s Fitness Tax Credit to increasing the childcare expense limits to enhancing the Universal Child Care Benefit, […]