- How do I claim rental income in the Online Tax Program?
- I was subletting a room in a house over the summer from a university student who do I get my rent receipt from the students landlord who I did not have an agreement with or the student who I’m not sure has the authority to provide me with a formal rent receipt?[…]
- Five things to know about capital gains
- I’m purchasing a second property.The property will be occupied by my close family member. They will be paying all the monthly costs: mortgage, property tax, bills etc, without any profit for me. Do I need to declare rental income and claim expences? Will I need to pay capital gain tax when I sell the property in the future?[…]
- We had a new roof installed in 2012 and purchased a new furnace in October 2013. Can these expenses be claimed on my tax return? We are also replacing our air conditioner this month, can this be claimed as well?
Posted August 17th 2015
There are many reasons why you may be making a move. From moving to your first home, moving to a larger home or downsizing. Every move, regardless of the motivation, comes with its own set of pressures and challenges that can cause stress. Whether you’re hiring a mover or doing it with some friends and […]
Posted December 10th 2014
Capital gains are a complicated topic at the best of times, but failing to report them on your tax return can be costly. If you are trying to figure out if you have a capital gain this year, here are five big things to know about them. What is a capital gain? Essentially, a capital […]
Posted October 15th 2014
Taxes aren’t always an intuitive topic. For this reason, we’ve decided to create a monthly blog post consisting of the frequently asked questions we receive from people. Q: I worked on a cruise ship in international waters. The cruise line did not pay me in Canadian funds and did not provide a T4 slip. How […]