I have blue cross medical that I pay $133.00 a month. Can I deduct the payments from my income tax?
Your Blue Cross premiums can be added to your other medical expenses and the amount above 3% of your net income will help to reduce your taxes payable.
- My father is 97, he has a live-in care-giver full time due to infirmity and being legally blind. He pays almost $24,000 a year in salary to her. How can he maximize his deductions to get some relief for paying 100% of his care?
- My daughter received treatment in 2013 for a reading disorder from a registered psychologist. How much has to be spent in order to claim under medical expenses on my taxes?
- We just found medical receipts from late 2010. Can they still be used? They total over $2000.
- My husband was disabled and received the CPP disability remittance. What tax breaks and benefits is he eligible for?
- If one has to hire a driver and companion to take a seeing impaired person to a medical appointment, is the cost of the driver/companion considered a medical expense for tax purposes?